First Effective: August 15, 2013
This Version: Effective 19 April 2021
- Description of the Business.
Dynata, LLC (f/k/a Survey Sampling International, LLC), Dynata Global UK Limited (f/k/a Research Now Limited) and Research Now Group, LLC and their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries world-wide (collectively referred to hereinafter as “Dynata”, “We”, “us”, or “our”) provide sampling solutions and technology for survey research, providing clients with access to consumer and business-to-business respondents via internet, telephone (both fixed/landline and wireless/mobile), postal and multi-mode methodologies. Dynata serves a vast array of for-profit and not-for profit businesses, universities and governmental agencies and departments.
- Personal Data That May Be Collected About You
- We collect the following information
- Personal Data which includes, without limitation, first and last names, email address, telephone number(s) (e.g., home, mobile, and business numbers), and residential address.
- Business contact information, including, without limitation, company name, job title, and department.
- Information on your employer or the company you represent.
- Information collected through automated means, includes, without limitation, IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions or activities taken or engaged in on a website, and dates and times of website visits.
- Means of collection
(i) Information submitted or provided by you:
(a) Through or in connection with Dynata’s corporate website(s), including, without limitation, www.dynata.com, www.surveysampling.com and www.researchnow.com;
(b) Through or in connection with business meetings with actual or potential customers or clients;
(c) Through or in connection with promotions, meetings, events, and/or trade or industry shows or conferences sponsored by, hosted by, or attended by Dynata and/or Dynata’s employees, representatives, and/or agents; and
(d) Through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication.
(ii) Information collected from third parties:
Dynata may collect information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, from third parties, including, without limitation, information service bureaus, social media platforms, and/or industry conference or event organizers or sponsors. We may use the information collected from such third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, sending you emails or other communications as described herein. In the event you receive such communications you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us.
- Location Data
- We may request your permission to obtain location information from your mobile device. We may use your location information to offer you the option to participate in location-based surveys and market research, or to share such location data with third party clients to demonstrate certain location traffic patterns of participants, including but not limited to purchasing behavior based on locations visited.
- We collect your location information for the above purposes with your consent. If you no longer wish to share your geo-location information with us, please change the privacy settings of your device. Where required by law, we obtain your explicit consent to share your location information with third parties.
- Personal Data Obtained Via Automated Means
- Dynata’s websites may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, without limitation, data available from your web browser, including, without limitation, IP Address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
- When you use the website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device. Cookies create a unique ID that is associated with your browser. Session cookies expire when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted or once they reach a defined expiration date.
- The information we collect via cookies and similar technologies may include information about your device and its capabilities, including, the device type and operating system, other applications on your device, network and Internet service provider, time zone, network status, browser type, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp, click stream data, and unique identification numbers such as your device IP address, device unique identification number, Media Access Control (MAC) address, or browser identifier. We may also use digital fingerprinting and watermarking technologies to collect the above information.
- We may also collect information from certain applications and functionality available on your device if you grant us access to these. Such information includes the number and type of applications installed, push notifications, camera, microphone, accessing photo library, file storage access, etc.
- We use this information to improve the website and our services by assessing how many users access or use the website, which content, products, and features of our website most interest our visitors, what types of offers our customers like to see, and how our Service performs from a technical point of view.
- First party and third party cookies and other similar or related technology and device identifiers (e.g., IDFAs, AAIDs, etc.) may be placed, written, set, and/or read for several purposes including, without limitation, to provide a better survey experience, quality control, validation, to enable or facilitate survey participation, tracking of completed surveys or other completed actions, for fraud detection and/or prevention, online ad effectiveness research, website tracking and audience measurement, to develop audience insights and/or look-alike models in connection with marketing campaigns, and for the purpose of targeting advertisements and other content to individuals, subject to your consent where required by applicable law. However, for certain cookies and/or similar or related technology, if you decide not to accept cookies, you will not be able to use certain aspects of the website or our services.
- For more information on the types of cookies we use, the purposes for which we use information collected via cookies please see our Cookie Consent Tool .
- Personal Data Provided by Third Parties
- We may obtain Personal Data, behavioral and/or demographic information from third parties, such as data management platforms, ad networks, information service bureaus, and sample suppliers. This collection may include, but is not limited to, age, gender, geography, location, mobile ad IDs.
- How We May Use Your Personal Data
We may use the Personal Data we obtain from or about you for a variety of purposes, including:
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about Dynata’s products, promotions, services, events (e.g., webinars, etc.), newsletters, and industry expertise/knowledge (e.g., whitepapers, articles, etc.);
- Create, supplement, and update Dynata’s directories and records for actual and/or potential suppliers, customers, and/or clients;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims, liabilities, and to manage risk exposure;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Operate, evaluate, conduct, and improve Dynata’s business (including, without limitation, to complete transactions for Dynata’s products and/or services, to improve Dynata’s current products and/or services, to develop new products and/or services, etc.);
- Process and manage opt-out or unsubscribe requests;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and industry standards and practices;
- Conduct marketing and market research activities including, without limitation,: (a) contacting you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys or questionnaires via telephone, email, or otherwise, and (b) soliciting your opinions or feedback on Dynata’s business activities, including, without limitation, current and future products and services;
- Create and send targeted communications to you regarding you or your company’s transactions with Dynata and/or the profile for your company;
- Respond to a subpoena or an order of a court or government agency;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including, without limitation, in order to protect the safety of an individual or to protect Dynata’s rights and/or property; and
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities with Dynata and/or any company within the Dynata group of companies.
In the event that you provide Dynata with any feedback, suggestions, and/or comments regarding Dynata’s business activities, including, without limitation, regarding current and/or future products and/or services, Dynata may use, apply, and implement such feedback, suggestions, and/or comments, at Dynata’s discretion, and without notice to you, without any consent or approval from you, without any compensation to you, and/or without any attribution or credit to you, and you hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to Dynata all right, title, and interest in and/or to any such feedback, suggestions, and/or comments. If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may collect and use your Personal Data when:
- You consented to the use of your Personal Data. For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, to send you marketing communications, or to process Personal Data deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
- Necessary to provide you with products and services, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We are required or authorized by applicable law to use your Personal Data.
- We, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data, such as to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our products and services, to anonymize Personal Data and carry out data analyses.
- How We Share Your Personal Data
We may disclose the Personal Data we collect about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, including with:
- Our service providers who perform services and process Personal Data on our behalf. Examples of our service providers include our cloud storage providers, email or similar communications vendors, and vendors who assist with our marketing activities. We require these service providers by contract to only process Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also require them to have safeguards designed to protect the security and confidentiality of the Personal Data they process on our behalf. In connection with sharing Personal Data with service providers as set forth above, such service providers may use such Personal Data to improve and enhance their services, in which event they are acting as data controllers and not as data processors engaged by Dynata.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As otherwise permitted pursuant to this Policy or (i) if we are required to disclose Personal Data about you by law or legal process, (ii) in response to a request from a court, law enforcement authorities, or government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Your Rights and Choices
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Opt out of certain collection and use of your Personal Data when we provide the Service. For more information, please log into your account and change your preferences.
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, to restrict or to object to the processing of your Personal Data, to have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided regarding the processing of your Personal Data, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
- Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
- Data Security and Data Retention
We maintain appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data and other information disclosed or collected by us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We review, monitor, and evaluate our privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Despite the safeguards we implement, transmissions over the Internet or a mobile network are not totally secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of online transmissions. We are not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting Personal Data to us.
We also take measures to delete your Personal Data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
- Data Transfers
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of Personal Data to third countries.
- Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference in your browser that you can set to notify websites that you visit that you do not want the websites to collect certain information about you. Dynata does not respond to DNT signals. If you object to Dynata’s practice with regards to DNT signals, you may opt-out from participation or use of Dynata’s services as described below.
In connection with Dynata’s online ad effectiveness program, Dynata permits Dynata’s subcontractors, partners and/or clients to drop, set, and/or write third party technologies for the purpose of facilitating audience measurement and ad recall survey activities. Dynata is not responsible for any third party’s compliance with or response to DNT signals.
- No Children
The Service is not designed for, or intended for use by, any individual under the age of 16 We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16, and if we became aware that we have inadvertently collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will undertake reasonable commercial efforts to delete such Personal Data.
This Global Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our Personal Data practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Global Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Global Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
- How to Contact Us
- Dynata Global UK Limited: write to us at email@example.com or to Devon House, 58 St Katharine’s Way, St Katharine’s & Wapping, London E1W 1LB, United Kingdom, Attention: Data Protection Officer.
- Dynata LLC: write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 4 Research Drive, Suite 300, Shelton, CT 06484 United States.